What is Google Chrome?
Read Specifications of Google Chrome Browser!
|Application Type:||Web browser & Mobile Web Browser|
|Engines||Blink (WebKit on iOS) and V8|
|Initial release:||2nd Sept 2008|
|Available in:||73 languages|
|Supported Platforms:||Windows, OS X, Linux, Android, iOS|
What is Google Chrome? – A Complete Review
Google Chrome is a globally used Free Web Browser made by Google. It is desktop software available for OSX, Windows, Linux, Android, IOS Operating System. The mobile version of Google Chrome is also available for Android and IOS. It was first launched in 2nd Sept 2008 as a beta version. The stable release of Google Chrome was released on 11th Dec 2008. Until the 27th version of Google Chrome Webkit Layout Engine is used and the from the 28th version Webket fork Blink comes into the existence.
What is Google Chrome Used For?
Google Chrome is a web browser for mobile as well as desktop users. It is mostly used for accessing internet. It is very fast and secured application that comes with preinstalled Adobe Flash. It has automatic language translation which helps in accessing the webpage in different language.
The Google Chrome is a light weight browser i.e. it does not comes up with ore installed plug-ins and add-ons. However, one can install the required plug-ins and add-ons if required.
Have a look on the features and functions of Google Chrome
- Website Task Manager: When you are working on Google Chrome, Just pres Shift+Escape and you will find Google task manager with the list of currently opened websites.
- Visual Browser History: This feature of Google Chrome was taken from Google Web History / Google Desktop. Just type Ctrl + H to Open the browser history.
- Check Out the Memory uses of different Browser: Type about:memory in the URL section of Google chrome to check the Memory used by Running Web Browsers.
- Open the Accidently Closed Recent Tabs: Just Type Ctrl + T to re-open the accidently closed recent tabs.
- Pre-Installed Adobe Flash: Google Chrome comes with inbuilt Adobe Flash installation which allows you to enjoy movies without extra overhead of downloading extra application.
- Private Browsing in Incognito Mode: Just Type Ctrl + Shift + N to open Incognito Mode. This mode does not save history of your browsed sites and hence offers you a way of accessing website privately.
Primary File Extension of Google Chrome
HTML is the primary File extension of Google Chrome Web Browser
Other File Extensions Supported by Google Chrome
Primary file extension of Mozilla Firefox is .XPT (Mozilla Firefox Component). A few other file extensions supported by Mozilla Firefox are listed below:
|.XHTM||Extensible Hypertext Markup Language Document|
|.CSS||Cascading Style Sheet|
|.APNG||Animated Portable Network Graphic|
|.MHT||MHTML Web Archive|
|.BDIC||Chrome Dictionary File|
|.CRDOWNLOAD||Chrome Partially Downloaded File|
|Portable Document Format File|
|.VTT||Web Video Text Tracks File|
|.WEBM||WebM Video File|
|.WOFF||Web Open Font Format File|
|.NEXE||Chrome Native Client Executable|
|.JSP||Java Server Page|
|.DOWNLOAD||Partially Downloaded File|
|.WEBLOC||Mac OS X Website Location|
|.LOCALSTORAGE||WebKit Local Storage Data File|
|.JPX||JPEG 2000 Image File|
|.QRM||Qworum Message File|
|.HTM||Hypertext Markup Language File|
|.JP2||JPEG 2000 Core Image File|
After analyzing Google Chrome features it is easy to say that this browser is the best alternative of Mozilla Firefox, Opera as well as Internet Explorer.