What is Mozilla Firefox?
Read Specifications of Mozilla Firefox Browser!
|Developer(s):||Mozilla Foundation and contributors|
|Application Type:||Web browser, Feed reader & Mobile Web Browser|
|License:||Freeware (Open Source)|
|Initial release:||23rd Sept 2002|
|Available in:||79 languages|
|Supported Platforms:||Windows, OS X, Linux, Android, iOS, Firefox OS|
What is Mozilla Firefox? – A Complete Review
Mozilla Firefox is a globally used free open source web browser made by the Mozilla Foundation. It is a desktop application available for Windows, OS X and Linux operating systems. Mobile version of Mozilla Firefox is also available for Android, IOS and Firefox OS. Firefox was initially developed in 2002 by Mozilla community members under the name “Phoenix”. This is first standalone browser by Mozilla instead of other internet applications such as: Netscape and Mozilla SeaMonkey etc.
What is Mozilla Firefox Used For?
Mozilla Firefox is a simple to use web browser for desktop as well as mobile users who like customizing their web browsing experience. Basically Mozilla Firefox is used for surfing the internet, finding quick and accurate results from search Engines. Apart from that Mozilla Firefox also has a large developer community and delivers many developer tools.
Have a look to Mozilla Firefox Features & Functions!
- Tabbed Browsing: Tabbed browsing was first unique feature used in the Firefox browser where many .html or other webpages can be opened in a single window.
- Faster Than Others: Firefox is the speed king as a browser in independent performance comparison to other browsers. So save your precious time and do anything quicker than before.
- Spell Checking: Firefox has spell checking functions which highlights word is typed badly into a text box. For example: the wrong word "riht" will have "right" as a suggestion.
- Download Manager: The Mozilla Firefox has easy to operate download manager feature by using this you can simply manage or customize downloads.
- Add-ons Manager: The Firefox also allows installing add-on tools developed by others. You can easily find out a required tool and install it directly from the Add-ons manager panel.
- Incremental Find: This option will make you able to find out a particular word or link within a page. You just need to press CTRL+F to enable this function.
- Smart Bookmarks: The Firefox allows save important or required pages as a bookmark which helps you to read access these pages when you needed.
- Private Browsing: This feature allows you to browse the Internet without keeping any info about which sites and pages you’ve visited.
What are File Extensions for Mozilla Firefox?
Primary file extension of Mozilla Firefox is .XPT (Mozilla Firefox Component). A few other file extensions supported by Mozilla Firefox are listed below:
|.HTML||Hypertext Markup Language File|
|.CSS||Cascading Style Sheet|
|.BAK||Firefox Bookmarks Backup|
|.CHM||Compiled HTML Help File|
|.RSS||Rich Site Summary|
|.XPI||Mozilla Installer Package|
|.XHTML||Extensible Hypertext Markup Language File|
|.SESSION||Mozilla Firefox Session File|
|.SLT||Mozilla User Profile Folder|
|.VTT||Web Video Text Tracks File|
|.MNG||Multiple Network Graphic|
|.PART||Partially Downloaded File|
|.JP2||JPEG 2000 Core Image File|
|.JPX||JPEG 2000 Image File|
|.JSP||Java Server Page|
|.MAFF||Mozilla Archive Format File|
|.MHT||MHTML Web Archive|
|.MFL||Mozilla FastLoad File|
After analyzing Mozilla Firefox features it is easy to say that this is the best alternative of Google Chrome, Opera as well as Internet Explorer. But if you are looking for a complete internet suite then Mozilla SeaMonkey is the best option to go. For a standalone email client Mozilla Thunderbird can be used.