An Easy Method to Resolve Your Out of Office Settings cannot be displayed Error
Your Out of Office Settings cannot be displayed, because the server is currently not available error message normally occurs when user tries to access Exchange Server (2016, 2013, 2010, 2007) Mailbox through Microsoft Outlook (2016, 2013, 2010, 2007). When user tries to access the mailbox of Exchange Server, the Outlook uses the services of Microsoft Exchange CAS (Client Access Server) to configure the Out of Office Settings. Check out the resolutions given in this article to resolve the Error message "Your Out of Office Settings cannot be displayed, because the server is currently unavailable, try again latter."
Run the Test E-mail Autoconfiguration to check which URL MS Outlook is using to configure Out of Office (OOF)
- For that first of all Launch Outlook, Now click on System Tray from the Right Bottom corner of your System's Screen.
- After that hold the CTRL button and Click on Outlook Icon.
- From Here Choose Test Email AutoConfiguration.
- Now Enter the Credentials (Email Address and Password) of mailbox that you have tried to access through Outlook.
- After that make a check on the option Use AutoDiscover and Uncheck use Guessmart.
- Now Click on Test button and after that you will get URL that you have used to configure OOF
Now Verify OOF URL when the AutoDiscover Test was Successful
For that check out test result and verify Protocol. The protocol group looks as follows
- Protocol: Exchange RPC, if you are using Microsoft Outlook Internally and Outlook Anywhere is disabled
- Protocol: Exchange HTTP, if you are using Microsoft Outlook Internally and Outlook Anywhere is enabled.
- Protocol: Exchange HTTP, if you are using Microsoft Outlook Externally.
Now Open Web Browser (Internet Explorer is Recommended) and Log on to OWA (Outlook Web App). After that enter OOF URL in Address bar of the browser.
- You should be able to view a Page with Service page or XML information.
- You will get "The page cannot be displayed " or "403 Forbidden" error if OOF is not available with the entered URL.
If you are getting the second one that means it is confirmed that you have configured wrong URL for Out of Office Service (OOF). You have to contact with your Exchange administrator to correct this URL and to resolve "Your Out of Office Settings cannot be displayed" Error.
Information for Exchange Administrator
Exchange Administrators can correct this error and can configure the correct the OOF URLs by making corrections in the External and Internal URLs for EWS (Exchange Web Services) by using the Set-WebServicesVirtualDirectory command of Powershell. To obtain the current configuration use the command Get-WebServicesVirtualDirectory.
Exchange Administrator can also use the Remote Connectivity Analyzer Tool developed by Microsoft to verify whether Outlook AutoDiscover and Outlook Anywhere has been configured correctly or not.
Here in this article we have learn when "Your Out of Office Settings cannot be displayed, because the server is currently not available" Error occurs and how we can resolve this Error. Start the discussion by commenting below if you any doubts regarding the Error code.