How to Migrate Exchange Server Emails to Gmail Account
Exchange Server is one of the most demanding Mail Server which helps in performing the secured communication. Sometime users need to Transfer Exchange Server (Exchange Server 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003) Emails to Gmail Account. Here in this How To tutorial I have explained an easiest way of Migrating the Exchange Server Mailboxes to Gmail Server.
Just follow the simple steps explained below to Export the Mailboxes in Gmail Account.
- Configure your Exchange Mailbox with Microsoft Outlook and then login to Gmail with required Credentials.
- Now Click on the Gear button and select Settings Option.
- After that Select Forwarding and POP/IMAP option, then Choose Enable IMAP Option and Save the changes.
- Now Open MS Outlook and Configure the Gmail Account in Outlook. For that First Click File from Menu bar, select Info from there and then Click on Account Settings.
- Now Add that Gmail Account by Clicking on New Tab.
- In the Next Window Check the Field Manually configure settings or additional server types and Click on the Next button.
- After that Select the Internet Email, Click on Next button and Enter the required credentials.
- Now Click on More Setting Option, Select the Outgoing Server and Make a Check on the option My Outlook Server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- After that Enter the Incoming and Outgoing Port number by clicking on Advance Tab.
- Incoming Server (IMAP): Enter 993
- Outgoing Server (SMTP): Enter 587
- Now Click on Next >> Next >> Finish
- In this Gmail configured account right click on the inbox side of outlook and create a new folder.
- Now Move the emails from the Exchange Server Mailbox account that was configured earlier to the newly created folder of Gmail account that you have just configured.
With the help of this method users can easily Transfer the Exchange to Gmail Account. To simplify these steps you can also use the Google Apps Migration Tool developed by Google. By using this Tool users can easily migrate the emails, tasks, contacts, public folder, private folder etc. from Hosted or on-premise Exchange Server to Google Apps.
In this How To Tutorial I have explained an easiest way of transferring the Exchange Server Emails to Gmail Account. If you have any doubt or need further assistance regarding the same please start the discussion by Commenting below.